When your junior sailor is ready to step up from Optis to the challenging, double-handed Club 420 class, Zim Sailing’s C420 helps make this transition a successful one thanks to its stiff hull, high-quality sail package, and fast foils. Irrespective of whether the goal is learning to roll tack or winning the North Americans, the C420 is an ideal platform for building skills and nurturing a lifelong sailing passion. Racecourse-ready Club 420
The C420’s construction exemplifies attention to detail, including the use of toughened resins, high-quality fiberglass matting and Plexus bonding adhesives; through-deck hardware reinforced with tapped aluminum backing plates, and shroud chain plates that are backed-up by an aluminum bar that’s fitted under the rail.
Aesthetically, the Zim C420 is available with either brightly colored gelcoat racing stripes or with Zim’s traditional gray deck. Likewise, high-performance, class-approved spinnakers are available in custom colors, and optional bow bumpers take the worry out of starting-line Sambas.
- Class-approved sail inventory from North Sails ensure racecourse performance.
- Harken Carbo blocks and cleats help you tame the boat’s powerful sailplan.
- Full FSE Robline cordage package tackles all sheets and running rigging.
- Strong and sturdy Dwyer aluminum spars are built to last, and the tapered aluminum spinnaker pole is easy to gybe.
- 2:1 rudder downhaul system makes it easy to lock your rudder in place.
- Rim Race Rigging includes a 16:1 Dyneema boomvang, a Dyneema mainsail halyard, and roller pins—not guy hooks—to secure the shrouds.
|ship location option||Due to its size and weight, this item carries a delivery surcharge. Please call 203-259.7808 for more information.|
13'11" | 4.24 m
5'6" | 1.68 m
300 lbs | 136 kg
230 lbs | 104.33 kg
Draft (Board Down)
2'11" | 0.9 m
20'6" | 6.26 m
Total Sail Area
204.79 ft² | 19.03 m²