The RS Vareo’s robust hull construction ensures years of great use, and—whether alone or with friends—its self-draining cockpit, planing-friendly undercarriage, and its stable hull form ensure great times in all conditions. Spinnaker-powered grin machine
Few experiences are finer than sailing alone in a powered-up dinghy, except possibly sharing this smile with a friend. The RS Vareo accommodates both and is available with your choice of three different mainsails and a power asymmetric spinnaker, allowing you to choose your sails—and crewmembers—based on conditions and the day’s agenda.
While a second set of hands is helpful in all but the thinnest of breezes, the RS Vareo’s spacious cockpit was carefully designed to allow a singlehander to access to all control lines and running rigging, opening the door wide open to solo spinnaker-flying sessions. Come the leeward mark, however, the Vaero’s single-line spinnaker hoisting and dousing system makes even breeze-on takedowns a snap.
- Durable foils built from extruded and anodized aluminum ensure a long life.
- Two-piece mast comprised of an aluminum lower section and a composite upper section help reduce weight aloft.
- Three different mainsails are available, accommodating sailors of all sizes.
- Retractable Aluminum alloy bowsprit flies an asymmetric spinnaker.
- One-line hoisting/dousing system allows for easy kite sets and takedowns.
- Mainsail track simplifies the rigging and de-rigging process.
|ship location option||Due to its size and weight, this item carries a delivery surcharge. Please call 203-259.7808 for more information.|
14' | 4.25 m
5'2" | 1.57 m
550 lbs | 250 kg
155 lbs | 68 kg
Draft (Board Down)
3'5" | 1.05 m
Total Sail Area (Mylar - Competition)
202 ft² | 18.8 m²
Total Sail Area (Dacron - Recreation)
193 ft² | 18 m²
Total Sail Area (Mylar - Storm)
186 ft² | 17.2 m²
Polyester GRP with Coremat