When the venerable Laser hit dinghy parks in 1970, it was an instant success and quickly became the world’s largest One Design class. RS Sailing’s Aero provides the same benefits as the Laser but with a more modern design that employs cutting-edge materials including epoxy and carbon fiber to slash-away more than fifty percent of the hull’s weight. 21st-Century singlehanded screamer
The result is a high-performance one-person dinghy that has speed to burn and a go-fast aesthetic that’s perfectly suited to the 21st Century. Additional innovations include a square-topped mainsail, a gunwale that parallels the boat’s centerline in the aft sections to maximize righting moment at a full hike, and hard chines that add stiffness and enhance boathandling.
The RS Aero also boasts carbon-fiber spars, an open and ergonomic cockpit, and—much like the Laser—three different rigging options that make the boat ideal for juniors (Aero 5), women (Aero 7) and men (Aero 9).
- Three different rigs—Aero 5, Aero 7 and Aero 9—help future-proof the boat.
- Two-part carbon composite mast and single-piece carbon composite boom reduce weight aloft.
- Fast, epoxy composite foils with a lightweight foam core enhance the boat’s performance.
- Hard chines add form stiffness without adding extra weight to the hull.
- Modern square-topped mainsail is built out of low-filler content Dacron to ensure shape and durability.
- Fine bow section ensures upwind performance, while the boat’s relatively wide transom helps ensure a bow-up attitude when planing.
|ship location option||Due to its size and weight, this item carries a delivery surcharge. Please call 203-259.7808 for more information.|
13'2" | 4 m
4'7" | 1.4 m
210 lbs | 95.25 kg
66 lbs | 30 kg
Draft (Board Down)
3'8" | 1.16 m
Total Sail Area (Aero 5)
54 ft² | 5.2 m²
Total Sail Area (Aero 7)
77 ft² | 7.4 m²
Total Sail Area (Aero 9)
93 ft² | 8.9 m²
Epoxy resin-infused woven glass matt with carbon-fiber reinforcements in high-load areas.