Unlike most other singlehanded dinghies, the RS700 delivers the kind of speeds and go-fast grins that are typically found on two-person skiffs or high-performance catamarans. If singlehanded speed is the goal, the RS700 is ready to play. Singlehanded rocket-ship
Simply put, the RS700 takes the singlehanded lessons that sailors master aboard the Laser and other one-person dinghies and elevates it to an entirely new level of speed and high-performance thrills thanks to its asymmetric spinnaker, jib, extendable hiking-wing bars and trapeze wires. The result is one of the most exciting—and rewarding—singlehanded rocket ships afloat.
Much like other boats in the RS Sailing line, the RS700’s hull is built using epoxy and fiberglass for stiffness and strength, and its “foam-sandwich” construction ensures a featherweight finished product. In addition, the RS700 uses a system of lead weights and extendable hiking-wing bars to eliminate size or weight advantages amongst skippers during organized regattas.
- Single trapeze rig keeps the sailplan in check.
- Spinnaker chute simplifies spinnaker sets and takedowns.
- Carbon-fiber mast with flexible top section provides automatic gust control.
- Ergonomic cockpit design helps facilitate solo sail handling and simplifies racecourse maneuvers.
- Extendable hiking-wing bars with foot loops increase hiking leverage.
- Corrector weights eliminate weight advantages and help ensure fair play.
|ship location option||Due to its size and weight, this item carries a delivery surcharge. Please call 203-259.7808 for more information.|
15'5" | 4.68 m
6'4" - 7'8" | 1.92 -2.23 m
192 lbs | 87 kg
123 lbs | 56 kg
Draft (Board Down)
3'5" | 1.05 m
Total Sail Area
293 ft² | 28.8 m²
Epoxy GRP foam sandwich