The RS400 was the boat that put RS Sailing on the chart thanks to its screaming-fast performance both on and off the breeze. This double-handed speedster offers a fantastic combination of balance and responsive handling, coupled with a hull shape and aero package that reward agility and athleticism, all without requiring a trapeze. RS Sailing’s original speed machine
The boat’s generous beam measurement translates to both form stability and leverage when hiking out, allowing both sailors to effectively contribute their full bodyweight to keeping the boat flat.
The RS400 features a fractionally rigged aluminum mast that can be bent and raked via adjustable spreaders and the jib halyard, as well as a fully battened Mylar mainsail and a fully battened Dacron jib. Stir in an asymmetric spinnaker that’s flown off of a retractable bowsprit (which can be articulated to weather), and the RS400 is capable of challenging and entertaining performance-minded crews of all ability levels.
- Lightweight aluminum alloy spar with adjustable bend control lets you dial-in sail shape.
- Articulating aluminum bowsprit retracts inside the bow for upwind work.
- Comfortable, ergonomic cockpit encourages longer on-the-water sessions.
- Fully battened mainsail and jib stabilize shape and preserve the sail’s life.
- Open transom design and a molded cockpit bailer quickly clear water.
- Pivoting centerboard and kick-up rudder simplify launching and hauling.
|ship location option||Due to its size and weight, this item carries a delivery surcharge. Please call 203-259.7808 for more information.|
14'10" | 4.52 m
6'6" | 2 m
364 lbs | 165 kg
187 lbs | 85 kg
Draft (Board Down)
3'9" | 1.13 m
Total Sail Area
310 ft² | 28.83 m²
Polyester GRP foam sandwich composite with strategic Kevlar reinforcements