The RS100 has been redefining notions of what a high-performance singlehanded dinghy can deliver thanks to multiple mainsail options, molded-in hiking wings, and an asymmetrical spinnaker that will keep any sailor focused. A-Sail thrills on a one-person dinghy
The boat’s clever rigging system uses shrouds but no forestay to support the mast, allowing the rig to automatically and efficiently provide gust control while sailing to weather, and a compression vang strut keeps boom height in check while the skipper is focusing on trimming the kite. Likewise, the RS100’s cockpit was carefully designed and laid out to help facilitate smooth tacks, gybes, and on-the-fly maneuvers in all breezes and with all sail combinations.
Much like the venerable Laser, the RS100 is available with three different mainsails to match sailors of different bodyweights and skill levels. But instead of requiring specialized top sections, the RS100’s unique carbon-fiber rig and its removable bottom stump allow the same spar to accommodate all three sailplans.
- Easily driven hull shape provides both speed and stability.
- Featherweight, two-part carbon-fiber mast reduces weight aloft.
- Asymmetric spinnaker flies off of a retractable sprit pole.
- Spinnaker retrieval system simplifies singlehanded takedowns.
- Molded-in wings efficiently extend leverage while hiking out.
- Three different mainsails accommodate different-sized sailors.
RS 100 with 8.4m Mainsail
|ship location option||Due to its size and weight, this item carries a delivery surcharge. Please call 203-259.7808 for more information.|
14' | 4.3 m
6' | 1.83 m
386 lbs | 175 kg
121 lbs | 55 kg
Draft (Board Down)
2' | 0.61 m
Sail Area (10.2)
110 ft² | 10.2 m²
Sail Area (8.4)
90 ft² | 8.4 m²
Sail Area (7.4)
80 ft² | 7.4 m²
Sail Area (Spinnaker)
134.6 ft² | 12.5 m²
Epoxy GRP foam sandwich