The O'pen BIC's go-fast hull design, high-quality fittings, lightning-fast foils, and a capable sailplan deliver the right amount of performance needed to keep youngsters interested and engaged, while still offering a parent-approved, virtually unsinkable hull and wide safety margins. The O'pen BIC delivers speed to please while mastering the basics!
When maximum on-the-water fun is the goal, it’s tough to beat the O’pen Bic, a wildly popular dinghy that combines a modern design with a durable thermo-formed ABS Plastic hull creating a quick, planing dinghy powered by an easy-to-trim, square-topped mainsail. The boat’s open self-bailing transom yields a beginner-friendly boat that can handle countless capsizes—accidental or otherwise—while generating face-splitting grins on windy days.
Featuring a lightweight fiberglass-epoxy mast and an aluminum boom; shaped, composite-epoxy foils; a fully battened Mylar sail (complete with transparent panels for great leeward visibility); quality Ronstan hardware and blocks, and Robline cordage, this powerful-but-forgiving dinghy is well equipped for any junior sailor.
- Self-bailing, open-transom design ensures a water-free cockpit.
- Transparent, mono-fill sailcloth aids situational awareness.
- Lightweight mast, sail and boom system is easily stepped.
- Modern hull shape is easily driven and transitions quickly to planing mode.
- Kid-friendly design inspires confidence, both amongst juniors and parents.
- Ideal boat for preparing juniors for adult One Design classes.
|ship location option||Due to its size and weight, this item carries a delivery surcharge. Please call 203-259.7808 for more information.|
9' | 2.75 m
3'9" | 1.14 m
198 lbs | 90 kg
99 lbs | 45 kg
12'8" | 3.9 m
Total Sail Area
48.44 ft² | 4.5 m²