The Laser Performance Pico’s simplicity and high fun quotient make it the boat of choice for many sailing schools, clubs and private owners the world over, and its strong, durable rotomolded hull ensures years of minimal-fuss maintenance. From entry level to expert, the Pico is a pleaser!
Featuring a self-bailing, open cockpit and an easily righted hull, the Pico is ideal for beginners, yet it can still challenge advanced-level hands in closely matched One Design fleets or alone in a blow. The jib is removable, and the boom is mounted high on the mast, providing adult-friendly head clearance and making the rig manageable for juniors. The Pico can be sailed alone or with up to two additional friends.
As with the original Laser, the Pico is easily car-topped or pulled on a trailer, and this ease-of-transport has helped fuel an active national-level racing circuit that’s open and welcoming to new sailors, adding experiential depth and value to an already-great learning platform.
- Two-piece aluminum mast and alloy boom are lightweight and built to last.
- Reefing mainsail and a removable jib allow you to dial-in your sailplan based on conditions and available crewmembers.
- Larger—and interchangeable—Pico Race sail is available for bigger kicks.
- Hulls are built out of rotomolded polyethylene to ensure long-term durability.
- Hull shape was designed to be easy enough for an eight-year-old to right.
- Aluminum foils are robust and designed to help reduce weight aloft.
|ship location option||Due to its size and weight, this item carries a delivery surcharge. Please call 203-259.7808 for more information.|
11'9" | 3.58 m
4'6" | 1.4 m
176 lbs | 80 kg
154 lbs | 70 kg
Draft (Board Down)
2'11" | 0.88 m
Total Sail Area
67 ft² | 6.23 m²