Laser Performance C420
Designed as a performance-minded, two-person dinghy that teaches —and rewards—next-level boat handling skills, the Laser Performance Club 420 is sporty enough to entertain juniors ranging from newly graduated Opti or O’pen BICs sailors to seasoned college-racing aces. The boat’s wide, flat hull shape provides stability at all points of sail, and her ample sailplan ensures plenty of smiles when the wind starts blowing. A two-person planing machine
Unlike one-person dinghies, the Club 420 can carry a spinnaker when sailing off-the-breeze angles, but she requires a trapeze to counterbalance this extra horsepower. This premium demand on crew coordination makes the Club 420 an ideal platform for learning the ropes of two-person sailing, and delivers the speed and high-performance feel that keeps more experienced sailors physically and mentally engaged.
High schools, colleges, yacht clubs, and sailing associations maintain active Club 420 fleets nationwide, as the quick-but-forgiving design easily lends itself to the full spectrum of racing disciplines.
- Kick-up rudder assembly allows for easy trolley launching.
- Super-strong, non-tapered aluminum mast and over-sized rigging ensure worry-free sailing.
- Rigging details include a 12:1 boomvang that’s routed astern and a 3:1 jib halyard for rig tuning.
- Structurally reinforced bow and mast step help absorb beginner mistakes.
- All hardware through-bolt mounted and backed with over-spec’ed hardware.
- Ergonomic seating provides ample buoyancy in the event of a capsize.
- Harken blocks and Marlow cordage packages help tame trimming duties.
|ship location option||Due to its size and weight, this item carries a delivery surcharge. Please call 203-259.7808 for more information.|
13'9" | 4.24 m
5'5" | 1.68 m
300 lbs | 136 kg
230 lbs | 104.33 kg
Draft (Board Down)
2'9" | 0.9 m
20'6" | 6.26 m
Total Sail Area
204.8 ft² | 19.03 m²