The Laser Performance Bug was designed to help train sailors of all sizes, thanks to its clever use of a two-rig system. The Bug’s standard-size rig is ideal for juniors, while the Bug’s Racer rig is designed for more advanced sailors who are seeking the challenge of significantly more sail area. Easy and affordable learning platform!
Both rigs rely on hiking skills and body positioning to keep the boat flat in a breeze, and the hull’s rotomolded-polyethylene construction ensures economical sensibility and built-to-last durability. Given that capsizes are inevitable, especially for novices, the Bug features a rudder and daggerboard that are positively buoyant and are built out of sturdy, marine-grade aluminum, and the boat’s generously sized transom drains help keep the cockpit dry.
As a clever option, the Bug comes ready to accept an integral bow wheel, which eliminates the need for a dedicated trolley, as well as extendable aluminum carrying handles, which simplify the art of portaging.
- Two-part mast allows you to swap-out the topmast for a totally different rig.
- Six sail color options allow your favorite junior to customize his/her ride.
- Molded water-bottle holder helps keep sailors hydrated.
- Sail and rig are designed to provide automatic gust control.
- Protective canvas is available as an aftermarket option.
- Stackable hulls ease the challenge of long-term storage.
|ship location option||Due to its size and weight, this item carries a delivery surcharge. Please call 203-259.7808 for more information.|
8'5" | 2.6 m
4'3" | 1.3 m
154 lbs | 70 kg
101.41 lbs | 46 kg
Draft (Board Down)
2'11" | 0.9 m
Small-Rig Sail Area
40.90 ft² | 3.8 m²
Big-Rig Sail Area
57.05 ft² | 5.38 m²