When sailing is simple, it’s fun, and the Hobie Wave was designed with simplicity and accessibility to sailors of all ability levels firmly in mind. The Wave is a hoot for an experienced hand to sail solo on a windy day, and its impressive passenger payload makes it a safe and dependable family-sailing steed. Low-key sailing fun for everyone
Featuring rotomolded polyethylene hulls that are strong and built to withstand countless beach launchings and landings, the boat also sports Hobie’s EZ Loc rudder system, which makes flipping the rudders up at the end of a great sailing session a snap. The Wave’s boomless mainsail takes the sting out of surprise gybes, and her rig is held fast by a forestay and two shrouds.
While the Wave is a blast out of the box, she was designed to be expandable, and optional-but-extra-fun toys include a jib kit, a spinnaker kit, a reefing mainsail, back rests and beach wheels.
- Clever hull design eliminates the need for daggerboards.
- Boomless rig takes the worry out of accidental gybes.
- Righting line and Hobie Mast Float simplify capsize recovery.
- There-where-you-want-it steering bar eliminates the need for a tiller extension.
- Hiking straps help you keep the boat under control in a breeze.
- Rotomolded polyethylene hulls are built to withstand years of full-throttle fun.
|ship location option||Due to its size and weight, this item carries a delivery surcharge. Please call 203-259.7808 for more information.|
13' | 3.96 m
7' | 2.13 m
800 lbs | 362 kg
245 lbs | 111 kg
11" | 0.28 m
20' | 6.09 m
Total Sail Area
95 ft² | 9.0 m²