Most large-party catamarans need a truckload of wind to move, and even then they struggle to sail. Not so with the Hobie Getaway, as this day-sailing cat sports enough sail area to scoot along in the light stuff, and her fully battened mainsail and roller-furling headsail are ready should the breeze unexpectedly gather. Perfect sailing platform for the whole family
The Hobie Getaway features positively buoyant, virtually indestructible rotomolded-polyethylene hulls that take the worry out of racing, raft-ups and “hot” dockings. The Getaway also features Hobie’s innovative EZ Loc Rudder System, which securely locks your rudders in place for sailing, while allowing you to easily kick them up for beach landings.
While this comfortable day-sailing catamaran is ready to help you forge fantastic memories right off the beach, Hobie’s designers incorporated optional features that help future-proof the boat as your junior sailors morph into teenagers. Upgrades include a spinnaker kit, wing seats, and a single-trapeze hiking system.
- Comptip mast increases safety when sailing near power lines.
- Righting line and Hobie Mast Float simplify capsize recoveries and prevent turtling.
- Roller-furling jib takes the worry out of sailing with kids or novices.
- Boomless Dacron mainsail with a high-cut foot ensures safety, while the sail’s generous roach helps bolster light-air performance.
- Forward trampoline is ideal for seating, lounging, and drying-off after a swim.
- Proprietary keel shape eliminates the need for daggerboards, making beach launchings and landings a cinch.
|ship location option||Due to its size and weight, this item carries a delivery surcharge. Please call 203-259.7808 for more information.|
16'7" | 5.04 m
7'8" | 2.34 m
1,000 lbs | 453 kg
390 lbs | 177 kg
10" | .25 m
26'6" | 8.07 m
Total Sail Area
180 ft² | 17 m²